Monday, December 7, 2015

I AM BACK AND RARING TO WRITE!

Sorry, if I have let you down. My goal was to write gratitude statements on a daily basis and the last time I was here was on December 3rd! Again, sorry for the delay.
This morning I have been doing all kinds of thinking. Thinking about labels, friends, music, life paths, careers, buying gifts for family, Christmas celebration. So you can probably understand why I have not been doing well at focusing on one project at a time lately.
Today, I will be going on a road trip to say goodbye to a beautiful soul. Anyone who had the pleasure of knowing this person would agree with me. She has been an angel to everyone she met throughout the time I have known her and I am sure that is how she was throughout most of her life.
I am not sure how my emotions will hold up today, but I want to take the time to realize that I can share with a good friend this task.
I have a friend that told me he will not come to my funeral. I understand his reasoning behind this but wonder, what if it was not a funeral but instead a blessing and celebration of life. Would that change your mind?
My convoluted point is the importance we put on labels. I am a mystery to myself lately. Who am I and who are you and what does this all mean in the grand scheme of the universe. People with jobs identify themselves by their jobs. Think about it... How many times have you heard someone say, I am a (fill in the blank) ex: teacher, trainer, actor, mother, child, friend, etc....
Does this really define the true essence of our being, though? I think not as each person is so much more than that.
Each person is whole! Each person is valuable! Each person is worthy! Each person is loved whether s/he knows it or not. Each person makes up part of this great big world and is important.
I guess today my gratitude is for knowing that each one of us has an important part to play on this Earth and I am grateful that I can understand this and identify with the whole being as opposed to just one role that each person plays.
I may check in yet later today but wanted to get this post up that deals with my thoughts this fine morning. Love to you all! Be grateful and ever so humble.

Need to update you all. I never made the trip as my friend Judy got her wings earlier today and she is resting peacefully now in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment